See the list of online degree and certificate programs San José State University offers. Spartans Online also provides support to colleges and departments who want to expand their online degree and certificate offerings.
Current Spartans Online Certificate and Degree Programs
"The School is a recognized leader in distance learning" that offers a number of options
for students and information professionals.
Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) - also includes their Teacher Librarian Program
Master of Archives & Records Administration (MARA)
Post-Master's Certificate in Library and Information Science
San José Gateway Ph.D. Program
"The graduate program has consistently been rated as one of the top Occupational Therapy
programs by the US News and World Report."
Online Post-Professional Master's Degree Program
"...the SJSU MPH program has created an online 42 unit, 24 month, Distance Education
component that makes such education much more accessible to Californians and health
professionals throughout the United States and the world."
Master in Public Health (MPH) Distance Education Program
Online Business Analytics
"...an intensive program, designed for those who want to transform terabytes of data into useful and timely business intelligence that will be used to develop knowledge-driven business decisions."
Online Business Analytics Graduate Certificate
Propose an Online Certificate or Degree Program
Do you have an idea for an online certificate or degree program? Spartans Online
and CIES are here to help you think through your idea and assist you through the proposal
process. If you want initial consultation (e.g., brainstorming on your program idea
or getting an overview of the proposal process), simply send us an email requesting
a meeting. If you are further along in your program planning and visioning, fill out
the Special Session Program Proposal and Budget Forms and we will contact you after
we get a chance to review the information you provided us.
Get started with the Special Session Program Proposal:
- View the program guide Steps from Idea to Launch
- Complete Special Session Program Proposal
- Review the Salary Schedule, "Instructional Faculty, Special Programs" class code 2322 (most special session programs use the 2322 model)
- Complete the Budget Template Form (also known as the CIES Program Review Form) - be sure to complete the front and back of the form - refer to the tabs at the bottom of the document)
- Email completed Proposal and Budget form to Nami Shukla at email@example.com
Here are other informational materials to help you get started on a program proposal:
- Program Planning at Undergraduate Studies
- Distance Education (DE) Policy
- General Modality Approval for Distance Education Programs - As July 1, 2013, SJSU has been granted general modality approval for online programs
- S13-10 Policy Recommendation, Review, and Approval Process for Academic Certificate Programs
- Proposal Guidelines and Template