Teaching a "High Demand Course"
In pursuit of our mission to increase access to education, we are offering a program for "High Demand Courses." The goal of this program is to provide courses that SJSU students need to progress in their educational goals. These “High Demand” courses could include:
- courses that cannot sufficiently accommodate all students wanting or needing to take them in the regular term - e.g., courses with fill rates in excess of 100%
- general education and major requirement courses that cannot be offered or supported during the regular session for a variety of factors (e.g., budget/funding limitations, scheduling conflicts, unavailability of resources, etc.)
- courses that students need to graduate in that term. We work with deans, chairs, and faculty to identify the courses and instructors to participate in this program.
- Program Overview - get started by reading the program overview
- Faculty FAQs - answers to commonly asked questions
- Salary Schedule - “Instructional Faculty, Special Programs,” class code 2322
- Class Section Add Form - form required to schedule the proposed course
- Instruction Appointment Form - form required to appoint you as the instructor of the proposed course
- Student Info Sheet - provide your students with this info sheet that includes basic info and help
Questions? Contact us.
Proposing a New Program
If your college or department is interested in starting a new certificate or degree program, please see New Program page for additional information.